[EM] Co-operation/defection in perspective

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:49:28 PDT 2012

The co-operation/defection problem is nothing in comparison to the problems
of Plurality. By comparison, to just have, for a problem, the C/D problem
would be more like not having a problem at all. Think of it as a nuisance,
as opposed to a disasterous distortion that thoroughly conceals public
wishes.

The reason why I emphasize it anyway is because it's the only Approval
problem worthy of the name. That's why I say that you can't significantly
improve on Approval unless you gain defection-resistance.

And I'll say again that if you think that Condorcet doesn't have the C/D
problem, then just try Condorcet in the 27,24,49 example and the 33,32,34
example.

Mike Ossipoff