[EM] Conceiving a Democratic Electoral Process

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Fri Jul 13 08:30:39 PDT 2012

Good Morning, Dave

re: "Clones are a problem for Plurality, and primaries were
      invented to dispose of clones within a party"

I'm not sure what clones are, but imagine they are multiple candidates
who seek the same office.

re: "Could say that if they have no voice they have no need of
      anyone to speak to."

Who has the right to make that judgment?  We can't say that until those
without a voice have a practical way to express themselves on political
issues.

re: "If there is an idea worth speaking about and no party is
      interested, its backers could form a party."

Forming a party is the height of futility, as I'm sure you're aware.  As
long as the major parties write the rules for our electoral process, we
will continue to have a closed system.

Fred