[EM] Conceiving a Democratic Electoral Process

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Tue Jul 10 12:54:24 PDT 2012

Good Afternoon, Mr. Hoffard

Your post does not seem to address the issue of non-partisans, yet they
are, by far, the majority of the electorate (whether or not they
actually vote).  Is the implication that they should only be allowed to
vote for a candidate sponsored by a party a correct interpretation of
your view?

re: "If you assume there are no Parties and we have the same
      people running for office you get the same results."

I don't understand why, if there are no parties, it is proper to assume
'we have the same people running for office'.  Although I don't advocate
elimination of parties, it they are removed from the scene the dynamics
of the process change dramatically and the likelihood of having the same
candidates is slim.

Fred