[EM] Census re-districting instead of PR for allocating seats to districts.

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 1 13:18:36 PDT 2012

I'd be happy to try that somewhere. Only those votes count that are cast.

This approach could be seen as less fair than the traditional population based allocation, since those people that didn't vote in some district will not be represented at all. In allocation between parties also non-voters will be represented (we may assume that their opinions will follow the opinions of those who voted). But as said, this is also a valid approach, and worth a try. We could as well think that those people who don't vote do not want to have a representative either.

Juho