[EM] A deletion and a typo-correction for my previous post.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 15:00:07 PDT 2012

In my previous post about less biased divisor methods, I spoke of a
Taylor or McLaurin polynomial approximation of the "complicated
function" (the log-normal function, or the exponential of a fitted sum
of log-normal functions that Kristofer spoke of).

Actually, the McLaurin form of the Taylor polynomial isn't what is
needed here. The McLaurin version is centered on zero. It's used a
lot, but, for the current purpose, we'd use, for each interval's R
determination, a Taylor polynomial centered on the middle of that
interval.

Also, there was a typo:

In the paragraph that starts with the words "That means that  a term
logarithmic in R will remain.."

...that sentence should read:

"That means that a term logarithmic in R will remain, in the
integration-result, along with a polynomial function of R."

Mike Ossipoff