[EM] Only a thought-Experiment. (Was: Re: Majority-Judgement using adjectives versus alphabetical scales versus numerical ranges.)

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at macosx.com
Sun Dec 9 18:23:48 PST 2012

	2012-12-09T17:1244Z, Jameson Quinn:

> 	2012/12/8 ⸘Ŭalabio‽ <Walabio at macosx.com>

> 	2012:12-08T08:30:24Z, Kristofer Munsterhjelm:

> >	On 12/08/2012 06:19 AM, ⸘Ŭalabio‽ wrote:

> >>	1.

> >>      This is my preferred range:

> >>	Negative -99 to positive +99

>> 	I wish to find a way to merge Score-Voting and Majority-Judgement into something even better.

> 	In order to find something better, we would at least need to know what's wrong with what we have.

	I am just curious.  This is just a thought-experiment.  I see nothing wrong with Score-Voting.  My biggest problem with Majority-Judgement is that it needs more testing.  This is what I advocate:

	0.	Remove the overvote rule, thus turning Plurality-Voting into Approval Voting.
	1.	Expand the range from 0 to 1 to from negative -99 to positive +99, thus turning Approval Voting into Score-Voting.

	While a tried to explain advanced voting to PegaSisters and Bronies, I had an interesting idea.  I am almost ready to submit my idea to the mailing list Electoral Methods.  I definitely do not advocate the adoption of a voting system I just pulled out of mine ass  ——  evidently, we just went from ponies to asses  ;-)  ——  last week.  The idea was combining the expressivity of Score-Voting with the resistance to tactical voting of Majority-Judgement.

> 	Jameson

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽”