[EM] Majority-Judgement using adjectives versus alphabetical scales versus numerical ranges.

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sat Dec 8 22:54:15 PST 2012

	2012:12-08T08:30:24Z, Kristofer Munsterhjelm:

> 	On 12/08/2012 06:19 AM, ⸘Ŭalabio‽ wrote:

>>	1.

>> 	This is my preferred range:

>> 	Negative -99 to positive +99

> 	The ponies already objected to your preferred range, and I think their objection has validity. If they find it too hard to find the right rating between -99 and +99, then they'll consider the method bad however you put it. Again, RBJ has voiced the same point here on the list: "Range asks for too much, Approval asks for too little".

	¡That is so last week!  I wish to find a way to merge Score-Voting and Majority-Judgement into something even better.

>> 	2.

>> 	I imagine that, for Americans, using adjectives should be harder than  using the alphabetical scale of A+ though F-.
>
> 	And MJ itself does tiebreaking by providing + and - to the actual grade returned. For instance, in the 2007 Orsay experiment, Bayrou got Good+ while Sarkozy got Good-. So I don't think the grade inputs should be given with + and -, because the method appends a + and - to the result as part of the tiebreak process.

	I attempt to find a workaround, but for the time being, A through F without + and - is fine.