[EM] “¡One can introduce advanced voting systems to ponies, but one cannot make the ponies implement the advanced voting systems!”

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sun Dec 2 20:53:07 PST 2012

	¡Hello!

	¿How fare you?

	“¡One can introduce advanced voting systems to ponies, but one cannot make the ponies implement the advanced voting systems!”

	That is play off of the saying:

	“¡One can take an horse to water, but one cannot make the horse drink!”

	Some people take a vote to determine which is the best mare:

	Pegasi:

	*	FlutterShy
	*	Rainbow Dash

	EarthMares:

	*	Pinkamena Diane Pie
	*	AppleJack

	Unicorns:

	*	Rarity
	*	Twilight Sparkle

	They already tried plurality, but it did not work.  Now the try truncated Borda-Count with #1 getting 2 points and #2 getting 1 point.  I had to tell them that it was truncated Borda-Count.

	I explained regular Borda-Count, Score-Voting, Approval Voting, Oklahoman Electoral Primary-System, Quaker-Poll, Cumulative Voting, IRV, Plurality, et cetera.  Now that I think about it, although I mentioned Condorcet, I have not yet explained it.  Maybe, I should explain Condorcet.  Well anyway, after all of this, they stick with truncated Borda-Count.

	The conversation starts in the discussion of this comic:

	*	http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/comics/212

	Scroll down through the comments until you find my name “Walabio” and then scroll up until you find the beginning of the thread.  The voting continues until Monday, so you can see how things progress in the discussion for later comics.

	Normally, I would not bother posting here  every time I try to teach about advanced voting systems to people on the InterNet, but the above pun about drinking horses just makes it to funny not to share.

	¡Peace!

--

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽” <Walabio at MacOSX.Com>

Skype:
	Walabio

An IntactWiki:
	http://circleaks.org/

	“You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.”
	——
	Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan