[EM] Symmetrical ICT program, with errors fixed

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 14:09:49 PDT 2012

2012/8/25 Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>

> Are you desperately reaching, in an effort to save unimproved
> Condorcet from a comparison to ICT and Symmetrical ICT?

I think you're being hypersensitive here. The idea is simply to have yet
one more check that your pseudocode is valid.

Personally, I'd recommend adapting your code for a modern language —
python, ruby, coffeescript, or golang. All of these (especially the first
ones) are easy to learn; and all have online interactive shells where you
could run your program without having to install anything (search "try
python" or etc). In the case of coffeescript, it's easy to get it running
in the browser, just as you're running gmail now, but without even needing
an internet connection.

Then testing as suggested would be easy.

I think that python code, in particular, is even clearer for a
non-programmer to read than your pseudocode.

> Computer-counted test scenarios can only confirm the
> already-determined facts that I've stated.

Yes. That's exactly what they're good for. It may have no value for you,
because you've checked the algorithm carefully by hand, but for us a
computerized test would save us that work.

Chris Benham, though very demanding about criterion compliances, is
> satisfied with the criterion compliances of ICT.

Interesting point, I'll respond to this separately.

Jameson