[EM] Misunderstood purpose of suggested test

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:16:43 PDT 2012

Kristofer:

As I said, the purpose of my comment was good-natured agressiveness,
to provoke comparison of ICT, Symmetrical ICT, and unimproved
Condorcet. I was using an excuse to confrontationally push that
comparison.

I claim that such comparison can only favor ICT and Symmetrical ICT in
comparison to unimproved Condorcet.

But I also misunderstood the purpose of the test that you suggested. I
assumed that you were suggesting that that test is needed to test the
merit of a voting system, and so I thought that you were requiring
Symmetrical ICT to meet more meticulous standards than other methods.
Actually of course you were only suggesting a test for finding out if
a computer program is without errors.

So, now that that's clarified, does anyone think that unimproved
Condorcet can be defended in comparison to ICT and Symmetrical ICT?
:-)

Mike Ossipoff