[EM] Reference for poll where experts endorsed approval?

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:32:45 PDT 2012

I remember that a few years ago, around the time of the Alternative Vote
referendum in the UK, there was a conference there on voting systems, and
the experts at the conference were polled about their favorite voting
systems. Approval won (using approval). Does anyone have the reference for
this study?

Also, I know that at a high-profile London university (LSE???) there's a
department or institute which is focused on social choice or something
related. Can anyone help me recall what it is?

(Actually, I'm looking for all academic departments/institutes focused on
voting systems/social choice. So far, I've found just one:
http://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about-tilburg-university/schools/humanities/dphil/staff/swart/participations.html

... but I'm just starting, and expect to find several more.)

Jameson