[EM] A modification to Condorcet so that one can vote against monsters.

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sun Apr 15 19:14:57 PDT 2012

How do we identify a monster? Ŭalabio‽ seems to think they are
identifiable.  I claim not - Ŭalabio‽ says they got excess ranking -
we can see this after a race (deciding excess ranking identifies a
monster - which even then is a problem only if the supposed monster
got ranked by too many, but have no way to assign one as being a
monster before a race.

Someone claims voters should rank all candidates.  I claim not -
voters should rank those they recognize as being better than the
collection of unranked.  Going beyond this imposes extra work on the
voter, and risks mis-ranking those they do not have time to attend to
better.

Condorcet counts a race between each pair of candidates, with counts
as to which is better liked (ranked higher)..  The CW candidate wins
each such race, while cycle members win most, but not all.

DWK