[EM] How would Condorcet himself have solved his paradox?

Rémi remipeyre at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 08:37:39 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I have been reading (quite partly) Condorcet's seminal essay «Essai sur l'Application de l'Analyse à la Probabilité des Décisions Rendues à la Pluralité des Voix». Reading it, my impression is that Condorcet's system, in case no new ballot can be organized, would have been ranked pairs (a.k.a. Tideman method). But I am not quite sure about it...

Certainly some of you on this list have already looked at that question. So, what is generally thought to be Condorcet's original solution to his own paradox?

Kind regards,
Rémi