[EM] A procedure for handling large numbers of candidates using scorevoting with primaries and runoffs.

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Mon Apr 9 18:57:49 PDT 2012

	¡Hello!

	¿How fare you?

	We require candidates to get the squareroot of the number of voters to get on the ballot with writeins allowed.  Let us look at an hypothetical single-winnerelection:

	Let us suppose that 420 people make the ballot.  ¿How can the voters vet this many candidates?  Well now, we have a score of parties and a score of independents.  That is a score of candidates per party and a score of independents.  We have score-voting primaries.  The voters only have to inform themselves about a score of candidates:

	We have scorevoting primaries with a range of -99 to +99 with writeins allowed.  All candidates with positive scores go to a scorevoting runoff.  Then the top 2 from scorevoting runoff goto a top-2 runoff.  For our purposes, independents are a party and have primaries.

	We just reduced the number of candidates from 420 to 21, 1 from each party and 1 independent.  Then we go to the general election:

	We have a scorevoting general election.  All candidates with positive sums go to a scorevoting runoff.  Then the top 2 go to a top-2 runoff.  Using primaries and runoffs, we successfully vetted 420 candidates.  It only took 6 elections.  If we have 1 election every 2 months, we can do it all in 1 year.

	¡Peace!

--

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽” <Walabio at MacOSX.Com>

Skype:
	Walabio

An IntactWiki:
	http://intactipedia.org/

	“You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.”
	——
	Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan