[EM] Publication suggestions for Declaration

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:37:36 PDT 2011

The suggestion has come from Warren Smith. His steps are (Warren, correct me
if I'm wrong):

1. Write a version of the declaration suitable for publication as an
editorial of an academic journal.

2. Get it published, preferably (quasi) simultaneously, by a few small
journals.

3. Go to the journal Science, which published a lower-quality editorial in
2001, and use that fact to get them to publish it.

I support this plan, as well as all of Richard's suggestions, but it is a
significant amount of work, and by no means a sure thing.

Jameson Quinn

2011/9/13 Richard Fobes <ElectionMethods at votefair.org>

> On 9/11/2011 8:19 PM, Stéphane Rouillon wrote:
>

>> When and where will the declaration be published?
>>

> This declaration project was started by Jameson Quinn, and I'm not sure
> what he has in mind for publishing, and currently he may be busy monitoring
> the Guatemalan election results,

Well, aside from the war criminal coming in first place (on youtube you can
see an old 80s documentary where admits genocide and a subordinate
implicates him in torture and perhaps murder of prisoners), the most notable
result was the over 12% of blank/spoiled votes. That's obviously
intentional; it's over a third of the first place result, over half of the
second place one, and more than the (sizable) margin between them.