[EM] Declaration ... - political-party & direct-participation side issues

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Fri Sep 9 23:31:01 PDT 2011

I've revised the paragraph that Fred Gohlke was offended by.  Thanks
Fred for giving feedback that justified improving some wording that I
didn't like either.

----- New version -----

Most of us regard the adoption of our supported methods as a small step
toward increasing the fairness of electing governmental representatives,
and we believe that additional reforms, such as improved
campaign-finance-reporting rules, are needed.  Also many of us believe
that the governmental process of making wise decisions can be improved,
such as by using decision-making aids such as deliberative polling.  The
election-method reforms we advocate here would be synergistic with those
other reforms, both in terms of easing their adoption and multiplying
their beneficial effects.

Richard Fobes