[EM] [CES #3586] How to measure somebody's utilities

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 13:12:23 PDT 2011

The problem is, what if Joe doesn't understand?

In a separate thread, Dodeca proposes a definition of utility that is
intuitively easy. The problem is, it's probably not the perfect definition
of "utility" for range voting... especially when you consider that you'd
have to rescale strategically to vote in range.

That's one of the reasons why I like MJ. As long as the voters agree on what
the numbers/grades mean, it works, even if nobody is rescaling and the scale
isn't even linear.

JQ