[EM] SODA false claim

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:40:09 PDT 2011

Claim: SODA is simpler for voters than any system I know of, and
specifically simpler for voters than approval.

Justification:

Simplest algorithm for voting Approval that is reasonably close to
strategically optimal:

Find the two frontrunners. Vote for one of them plus any candidate that's
better.

Simplist algorithm for voting SODA that's reasonably close to strategically
optimal:

Vote for your favorite.

I understand that there is room for debate on this claim, and I'm not asking
you to accept it at face value. But certainly I have a basis for making it.

JQ