[EM] hello from DLW of "A New Kind of Party":long time electoral reform enthusiast/iconoclast-wannabe...

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 11:14:45 PDT 2011

On 31.10.2011, at 18.20, David L Wetzell wrote:

> This is not about getting third party candidates elected, it's about making our polity tend towards a contested(and far more dynamic) political duopoly, rather than a (somewhat contested) political monopoly.

I'm not sure what your targets for the national level are. This sentence however sounds like 1) representatives of minor third party should not be elected, 2) the strongest party should win in each single-winner district, 3) the target is a political duopoly (in each district), 4) the political duopoly should just be more dynamic than today, which could mean that new parties may replace the current major parties when the small parties grow stronger than the old parties. These requirements reflect what I tried to achieve a while ago. I'm just wondering if that is also what you want.

Juho