[EM] Idea for Condorcet-based open list PR

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 16:58:57 PDT 2011

It certainly fills out the matrix of available methods, but I'm not sure
when I'd actually use it. I'm more interested in hybrid
geographical/proportional methods these days, as I think such methods have
the best chance to prosper in the US or UK. It would be nice to even keep
existing district boundaries. I think that PR-SODA is very close to being
able to do this; yes, it's cheating, but the basic idea is to elect
candidates and then assign each district one winner per elected party. Yeah,
that means that some reps might have 1 district of constituents, while
others might have 2; but otherwise it actually works surprisingly well.

Oops. Ignore that, I don't want to hijack the thread.

Jameson