[EM] Redistricting Paper w/ New Population Density Fairness (PDF) measure

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 06:38:59 PDT 2011

Thanks Warren for composing the counterexamples. You are right.  That
is the vestiges of a logic error I made earlier and thought I had
removed, but had not.

The paper still offers several valuable new insights including:

1. a new population density fairness measure that helps to judge the
proportional fairness of representation of a plan, and

2. debunks the validity of 11 proposed area compactness measures that
are unfortunately still in use today.

I'll read your page on the topic and revise my paper.

Kathy

--

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051