[EM] A design flaw in the electoral system

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 05:54:59 PDT 2011

I thought / think that
- voluntary participation in whatever clubs, with possibility to influence others, and with possibility to vote in line with the club discussions or even agree to vote that way does not limit one's liberty to do whatever one wants
- one limitation to liberty could be the fact that one has to co-operate or there must be people that think the same way, but that is just the realization of the fact that one is not a dictator
- secret ballots (that hide the fact which party and/or person you voted) support liberty to vote the way one wants
- I can't say that I agree with the conclusions of the thesis because I don't know what they are
- 1/N is maybe a better (although not perfect) estimate of the power that one voter holds than 0

Juho