[EM] Redistricting Paper w/ New Population Density Fairness (PDF) measure

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:24:24 PDT 2011

Hi. Yes Jameson. I agree with your comments #1 and #3, and assume I
will agree with #2 once I reflect on it when I don't have a headache
(not today) and understand it.

Also, apologies to the list for sending my notification twice. Thought
I was sending it the 2nd time to another list.  I know this is not
about election methods, but a lot of persons on this list support
proportionately fair systems, which this redistricting measure aims to
make single-member redistricting plans be - at least on the state
level for parties that are distributed according to population density
as the Republican and Democratic parties in the US tend to be.

--

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051