[EM] Methods

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 16 15:28:47 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

--- En date de : Dim 16.10.11, MIKE OSSIPOFF <nkklrp at hotmail.com> a écrit :
>I had several FBC-complying methods that I liked very much, with such names as
>MMC, MAMPO, MDDB, SR...etc.
>
>I haven't been able to find what MDDB and SR were. Or MAMPO either.
>
>Can anyone tell me, or tell me where I can look it up?

I proposed MDDA and MAMPO as methods that satisfy FBC, SDSC, and SFC.
MDDB was a variant you made, but I don't remember how it was defined.

With MDDA you will eliminate all candidates with a majority pairwise loss, unless that
would eliminate everyone. Of remaining candidates, elect the approval winner.

With MAMPO you elect the approval winner unless more than one candidate has
majority approval. In that situation, among those candidates elect the one with the best
MMPO score. But no eliminations are done: Pairwise opposition from sub-majority-
approved candidates may be decisive.

MDDA can violate Plurality. That means it is possible for X to be elected when X's
total preference count is less than some other candidate Y's first preference count.

I hope that's helpful...

Kevin