[EM] Poll for favorite single winner voting system with OpaVote

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 14:12:43 PDT 2011

The intention was to say that 48+3 voters prefer C to A.

An international poll for world (ceremonial) president would be fine. I would not be as willing to elect (or even poll) a world leader since I think having a world leader would be a very risky business. In the current state of humankind it is better to have multiple competing (but peaceful) units that may and will make different decisions. That sort of guarantees that no madness spreads too far and does not become the dominant and only allowed way of thinking. Dictators also appear from time to time. Better to have a 10% dictator than a 100% dictator.

There must be also other good candidates. What would you say about the king of Bhutan? Or maybe Dalai Lama? One problem is that we do not know the best candidates since they typically don't survive in the game of politics long enough to become internationally known. Better "players" tend to bypass them already early in the game. :-)

Juho