[EM] Declaration; are you ready to sign?

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sun Oct 2 13:35:12 PDT 2011

The actual document contains links to the Wikipedia articles (along with
lots of nice formatting, etc.).  This version is text-only.

Perhaps we should post the actual formatted (with-links) declaration on
the electorama wiki?  This would require protecting the document from
being modified.  And perhaps we can create a separate (unlocked) page on
which election-reform advocates can add their signatures, then
periodically someone can transfer new signatures to the locked
declaration page.  We also need to post a PDF version somewhere online.
  The current Google Docs version cannot be viewed without logging into
a Google account.  Suggestions ...?

I hope to have time to improve the "Condorcet method" Wikipedia article,
yet any assistance is welcome.  Whoever posted the complaint about a
lack of references doesn't seem to have followed the links that go to
the full separate version-specific articles.  Someone else on this list
besides known Condorcet advocates (particularly Markus Schulze and
myself) may be able to remove that message (or at least move it to the
section that contains IRV comparison claims) after commenting in the
discussion page that academic references are provided in the
version-specific articles.

Peter, thank you for your continued feedback about this declaration.

Richard Fobes