[EM] Proportional, Accountable, Local (PAL) representation: isn't this a big deal?

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:04:10 PDT 2011

Jameson,

The laws you cite, including the constitution refer *only* to federal
elections of the US Congress and *not* to any state elections. As far
as everything I have ever read, including the US constitution and
books re. constitutional law as set by the Supreme Crt of the US, the
Congress has *no* authority under the US constitution to control how
states elect their own legislatures.

Reread what you sent below and you will see it applies *only* to
federal elections for *federal* offices and to nothing else.

No state is prevented from using proportional systems for its own
elections by any federal law.

Kathy