[EM] What was the outcome of the discussion on unifying behind a "simple and better" method?

Stéphane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 8 08:02:49 PDT 2011

  For multiple winner electoral methods, one can look at STV promotional
sites.
If you are interested in a more revolutionary method that uses sampling
technics
to obtain equivalent advantages of a huge single STV district without
the huge
number of candidates it implies, look at SPPA. I attach the english
material I used
to present SPPA t o the Mid West Political Science Association at
Chicago in 2007.
Since SPPA does not uses constituencies, it fits better the need to
represent
electronical community of interest, despite their geographical
scattering. It links well
with Youtube for debate diffusion because listeners for a particular
debate are disseminated
throughout the country.