[EM] Comments on the declaration and on a few voting systems

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:40:40 PDT 2011

.
> and C wins. That seems quite counterintuitive.
.
.
Yes. C is the Condorcet loser.

But is Kevin sure that C wins in that example?
.
A is the CW. As I propose MMPO, it starts out looking for a CW. It would choose
A right away.
.
Otherwise, if MMPO didn't start out by looking for a CW, that example would give a
tie between A and C. That wouldn't be good, because the example has only one CW.
.
In that way, PC chooses the CW, who is A, more naturally; while MMPO can choose the CW
only by having the CW-search added as a special rule.
.
So there's no doubt that PC chooses in a more elegant way, in that example, though
MMPO, as I define it, chooses the CW too, due to Condorcet Criterion compliance
having been "lexocographically" added to it by me.

Maybe PC is a more natural, and therefore more winnable, proposal than MMPO.

Thanks for the example.