[EM] Remember toby

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sun May 29 06:23:36 PDT 2011

> Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 02:42:44 +0100 (BST)
> From: Kevin Venzke <stepjak at yahoo.fr>
> To: election-methods at electorama.com
> Subject: Re: [EM] Remember toby

> In the "easy to explain/solve but still Condorcet" category, I am okay
> with Minmax(WV) but I think Condorcet//Approval (with implied approval)
> is preferable because you don't need a defeat strength concept at all,
> and it makes burial a pretty clearly unattractive strategy.
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

Could you please explain in fairly simple terms how Condorcet/Approval works?

 I have no problem with Condorcet/Margins approach but it might be
hard to explain to the general public. I like Condorcet in general.  I
also like  Approval because it is so simple and could be done using
today's voting systems (hardware) and ballots.

Thanks.

--

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

Realities Mar Instant Runoff Voting
http://electionmathematics.org/ucvAnalysis/US/RCV-IRV/InstantRunoffVotingFlaws.pdf

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051