[EM] electing a variable number of seats

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Mon May 16 09:45:17 PDT 2011

Forrest,

With this profile, using RRV, Y is elected in round 1 and X is elected in
round 2.  As such, they will have equal weight.

However, we can continue to iterate RRV, without removing these candidates.
 The more times a candidate is chosen, the more voting weight he will get.
 The election continues:
Round 3: Y
Round 4: X
Round 5: Y
Round 6: Y
Round 7: X
Round 8: Y
Round 9: X
Round 10: Y

A,B,C, and D are never elected and X and Y will get 40% and 60% of the
voting power, respectively.

This method of using RRV and determining the voting power as the number of
seats goes to infinity is not equivalent to the Ultimate Lotter multiwinner
method you describe, is it?

Andy