[EM] List of acceptable methods (and some wiki questions)

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Mon May 30 08:50:23 PDT 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 5:53 PM, <fsimmons at pcc.edu> wrote:

> From simplest to less simple but still simple enough:
>
> 1. Asset Voting
> 2. Approval
> 3. DYN
> 4. MCA
> 5. The Bucklin Variant of Venzke and Benham

Forrest,

Can you remind me what "the Bucklin Variant of Venzke and Benham" is?  If
it's that good, we should name it and make an entry on the wiki.

Also, I didn't find a wiki entry for DYN.  We should add one.

When you mention MCA, are you thinking specifically of the three-grade
version, or are you open to different grading scales?

A couple more thoughts about the wiki:

- We should make sure there are entries for the Ultimate Lottery Method and
any other good methods that get seriously discussed on the list.

- To the MCA page, we should add the tie-breaking method used in the
Majority Judgement (drop one copy of the median grade and then compute the
new median.)  Maybe Majority Judgement is different enough to deserve its
own page.  I can probably make those changes if you want me to.  If I just
add it as another tie-breaking method, should I call it "MCA-MJ"?

- It looks like "Condorcet//Approval" might have a page on the wiki, but all
the incoming links are broken.  Do you think it's because of the slashes in
the name?

Andy