[EM] I hit upon why rating is easier than ranking.

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at macosx.com
Sun May 8 22:44:09 PDT 2011

	¡Hello!

	¿How fare you?

	In list Election-Methods run out of Electorama.Com, I hit upon why rating is easier and faster than ranking:

	With rating, one determines the best candidate and gives that candidate the rating +99.  One determines the worst candidate and gives that candidate a score of -99.  One rates the other candidates scores relative to the best and worst candidates.  Lacklustercandidates get the default score of 00.

	With ranking, one must determine and remember the full rank order.  It is very easy to forget:

	“¡Darn!  ¡I should have ranked Candidate T between Candidates I  and L!”

	This problem does not exist with rating.

	Another problem with ranking is when multiple candidates are equally good or bad.  With rating one can rate them the same.

	Another problem with ranking is how to rank the lacklusters relative to each other when one knows nothing about those nobodies.

	As well as being easier on the voter, rating is easier on the pollworkers:

	¡Just sum the votes!

	¡Peace!

--

	“⸘Ŭalabio‽” <Walabio at MacOSX.Com>

	Skype:

	Walabio

	The first Intactivistic wiki on Earth devoted to Peaceful Beginnings:

	*	-	HTTP://Intact.Wikia.Com/

	“You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.”

	——

	Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan