[EM] Election method simulator code

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at lavabit.com
Thu May 5 23:57:22 PDT 2011

Quite some time ago, I rewrote and expanded the singlewinner part of my
election method analysis program, mainly to add a cache to make X,,Y and
X//Y methods very fast if results for base methods and sets X and Y had
been calculated earlier -- and to only calculate the pairwise matrix one
instead of 200 times if I were to find the results of 200 Condorcet methods.

The last week or so, I've been cleaning up that code, and a version is
up on Google Code at http://preview.tinyurl.com/5rd5krp . It's only
tested on Linux, has some known bugs, and the actual structure isn't
documented apart from comments, but there it is.

I'll probably continue working on it now that I know how versioning
works :-) If anyone has any questions or want to add to it, go ahead and
reply!