[EM] A secure distributed election scheme based on Bitcoin's Proof-of-Work protocol

Mike Frank michael.patrick.frank at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:48:26 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Warren Smith <warren.wds at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I join an e-money scheme, then dammit I do NOT want to
> be cranking my computer day and night in a a desperate battle to stay
> secure by
> expending more cycles than the bad guys.

You don't have to do a big computation just to send or receive Bitcoins.
 You only have to burn cycles if you want to earn new Bitcoins by helping to
keep the P2P network secure.  But you could also get paid Bitcoins for
providing any number of other goods or services, and never lift a finger to
help run the network (other than signing your own transactions).

-Mike
--
Full name:       Michael Patrick Frank
Email addr.:     michael.patrick.frank at gmail.com (pers. email)