[EM] Challenge2 - give an example where MFBC is violated for Condorcet methods

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 02:33:06 PDT 2011

Kristofer,

thanks for sorting out the details.
I am not sure I buy your argument on LNHarm, as I do not how to
distinguish extremists from non-extremists within the framework of
election theory, where you only have the votes cast to take into
account, and these votes might or might not be sincere.

I'd say that the risks that LNH, FBC are violated, and that burial of
one specific candidate might lead to the victory of an other, all give
the incentive to bullet vote for the sincere favorite, which either
leads to noone winning the election, when respecting the empty vote,
or when the empty ballot is not respected, leads to the election
"nobodies", who might as well be "extremist" when the voting strategy
fails.

That's just my quite subjective view on the matter.

Best regards
Peter Zborník