[EM] Challenge2 - give an example where MFBC is violated for Condorcet methods

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:24:33 PDT 2011

Dear all,

two clarifications.
With "favorite" i mean the "sincere favorite" below.

A correction of an unfinished sentence (addition in CAPITALS):
MFBC and MSFBC say basically, that if some of the voters who have A as
a first preference (i.e. vote A>(OR =)...[the other candidates]) in an
election where A does not win, change preferences between A and the
other candidates so, that A is less prefered than before (example  A>B
turns to B>A, A=B turns to B>A, A>B turns to A=B) and the preference
between the other candidates (excluding A) do not change (i.e. it is
not allowed for B>C  to turn B=C or C>B) THEN CANDIDATE A CANNOT WIN
EITHER.

Basically, you cannot make your losing (sincere) favorite win by
ranking him lower, if he didn't win before.

Best regards
Peter Zborník