[EM] Usability studies of ranking/rating/approval methods

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 04:15:04 PDT 2011

Steve
You MAY be interested to take a look at this Guidance on ballot paper design issued by the UK Electoral Commission, and some
associated documents:

Making your mark: design guidance for government policy-makers

http://bureau-query.funnelback.co.uk/search/click.cgi?rank=7&collection=electoral-commission&component=0&docnum=4147&url=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.dopolitics.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fpdf_file%2F0003%2F80931%2FMaking-Your-Mark-Design-Guidance-For-Government-Policy-Makers-
Web-Final-2.pdf&index_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dopolitics.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fpdf_file%2F0003%2F80931%2FMaking-Your-Mark-Design-G
uidance-For-Government-Policy-Makers-Web-Final-2.pdf&search_referer=

Making your mark: designing for democracy

http://bureau-query.funnelback.co.uk/search/click.cgi?rank=3&collection=electoral-commission&component=0&docnum=11545&url=http%3A%2F
%2Fwww.electoralcommission.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fword_doc%2F0008%2F67184%2FMaking-your-mark-Project-summary-Sept-2008.doc&index
_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.electoralcommission.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fword_doc%2F0008%2F67184%2FMaking-your-mark-Project-summary-Sept
-2008.doc&search_referer=

Uservision report on ballot paper design

http://bureau-query.funnelback.co.uk/search/click.cgi?rank=1&collection=electoral-commission&component=0&docnum=12313&url=http%3A%2F
%2Fwww.electoralcommission.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fpdf_file%2F0008%2F77687%2FUservision-report-on-ballot-paper-design---FINAL.pdf
&index_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.electoralcommission.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fpdf_file%2F0008%2F77687%2FUservision-report-on-ballot-pap
er-design---FINAL.pdf&search_referer=

The Electoral Commission Ballot Paper Testing Summary Final Report

http://bureau-query.funnelback.co.uk/search/click.cgi?rank=2&collection=electoral-commission&component=0&docnum=12311&url=http%3A%2F
%2Fwww.electoralcommission.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fpdf_file%2F0007%2F77686%2FThe-Electoral-Commission-Ballot-Paper-Testing-Summar
y-Final-Report.pdf&index_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.electoralcommission.org.uk%2F__data%2Fassets%2Fpdf_file%2F0007%2F77686%2FThe-Electoral
-Commission-Ballot-Paper-Testing-Summary-Final-Report.pdf&search_referer=

James Gilmour