[EM] Single Contest Method, never mind

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 27 16:56:59 PDT 2011

Er...

--- En date de : Mer 27.7.11, Kevin Venzke <stepjak at yahoo.fr> a écrit :
> So the first one asks:
> 50% rated 3? 33.3% rated a 2+? 16.7% rated a 1+?

> four-slot ballot to mean 133.3%. So then I get:
> 66.7% rated 3? 50% rated 2? 33.3% rated 1+?
>
> I must not have this correct, because isn't the first test
> strictly
> harder than the second? What is an example where you win on
> the first
> method but not the second?

What I was thinking when I asked this was that if you got 33.3%+ 2+
ratings, you also necessarily got 33.3% 1+ ratings. So, if I understand
things, the way to not win on the second method is if somebody else
has fewer 2+ ratings than you but more 1+ ratings than you.

So the combined method is something like identifying the ambiguity
between two Bucklin-like levels and having a pairwise contest to
resolve it.

Honestly I don't how well that is going to work... It seems to me it's
the better bet to try to avoid having the pairwise contest.

Kevin Venzke