[EM] Correspondences between PR and lottery methods (was Centrist vs. non-Centrists, etc.)

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 02:41:59 PDT 2011

For proportional range or approval voting, if each result has a score, you could
make it so that the probability of that result being the winning result is
proportional to that score. Would that work?

Also, how is non-sequential RRV done? Forest pointed me to this a while back -
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2010-May/026425.html -
 the bit at the bottom seems the relevant bit. Is that what we're talking about?

(I have my own ways of course - http://www.tobypereira.co.uk/voting.html)