[EM] A distance based method

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Jul 13 18:35:26 PDT 2011

Here's a simpler version that is basically the same:

Make use of cardinal ratings so that the rating of candidate X on ballot b is given by b(X).

Define the closeness of candidate X to candidate Y as the dot product

 Sum b(X)*b(Y)

where the sum is taken over all b in the set beta of ballots.

While there remain two or more candidates, eliminate the pairwise loser of the two that are least close
to each other.