[EM] A distance based method

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Jul 11 11:57:08 PDT 2011

Yes, by sequentially eliminating one member of the remaining largest diameter pair, the method elects a
centrist.

If this is considered a problem, it can be overcome by sequentially eliminating one member of the
current smallest diameter pair.  However, this variant introduces a strong incentive for compromise,
which is nil in the other version.