[EM] Has this idea been considered?

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 04:01:08 PDT 2011

> >Why are the votes only delegable if you bullet vote (or is that obvious)?

>Because if you vote for several, which one would get to assign the delegated
>votes?

Can't they all delegate the votes that they get from you?

Also, just out of interest, is there a multi-winner version?

>SODA outputs approval ballots (which can also be considered as 3-rank Bucklin
>ballots). Any proportional method with approval ballots as an input can then >be
>used. With the number of dimensions on which such systems can vary, I could
>easily list two dozen distinct methods (although results would tend to agree
>>across many of them).

With a proportional approval system, it wouldn't always be obvious who would get
elected under a particular result before going into the calculations. So when it
gets to the delegation stage, wouldn't it be a headache for the candidates to
work out what would happen depending on how they delegated?