[EM] Learning from IRV's success

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at lavabit.com
Fri Jul 8 00:50:39 PDT 2011

Bob Richard wrote:
> It turns that real live voters (including real live politicians) care
> a lot about the later-no-harm criterion, even if they don't know what
> it's called.

If true, that is unfortunate. Perhaps we would have to pick a better
criterion that is also easy to understand, something like the (weak)
Favorite Betrayal Criterion. But if we have to do that, then a lot of
otherwise good methods go out the window.

On the other hand, both Nanson and Bucklin has been used in the US, and
neither of these pass LNHarm.