[EM] SODA

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Thu Jul 7 23:56:28 PDT 2011

Here's an off-the-wall idea.  Haven't fully thought through the strategic
implications, but here goes:

What if, instead of requiring the candidates to vote sequentially, they all
have to go at the same time, but we introduce another level between
"approve" and "don't approve" which is "conditional approval" or "approve
this candidate only if he approves me".  (I don't yet know how this fits in
with the candidates' pre-specified rankings.)

These are resolved on a pairwise basis.  If A approves B and B conditionally
approves A, then that is converted into full approval.  If A and B both
conditionally approve each other, then that should be converted into mutual
full approval.

Thoughts?

Andy