[EM] New Python library implementing voting methods

Duncan McGreggor duncan at vima.la
Sun Jul 17 15:58:17 PDT 2011

Hey folks,

Not sure if there are programmers on the list (I'm new to it as of
last week), but I thought I'd share just in case.

I've pushed out an early release of a pure-Python voting methodologies
library. Here's the announcement:
  https://launchpad.net/ballotbox/+announcements

As the announcement states, it's only a partial set. The blurb also
has links to PyPI, docs, download, and bug reporting.

My interest in this started as a result of experimenting with
self-organizing networked objects, and the need to elect a peer as a
proxy in unreliable/hostile environments. Having dived into election
methods, though, I've found it immensely fascinating... my efforts on
this library have become a labor of fun and love :-)

Bug reports deeply welcome, by the way!

Thanks,