[EM] SODA clarification

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Wed Jul 6 07:05:38 PDT 2011

Jameson,

I have become confused about one point of operation in SODA.  Take this
scenario:

35 A>B>C
34 B>C>A
31 C>A>B

If A delegates to A,B then does B have 69 votes he can delegate to B,C or
does he have only 34 he can play with?

In other words, can votes delegated from one candidate to another be
re-delegated to a third candidate?

I looked at the wiki and still am unclear on this.  I still have the
original SODA proposal in my head (where votes could not be delegated
multiple times) and I can't remember if we've changed this detail at some
point.

Thanks,

Andy