[EM] High precision Yee diagrams

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 19:24:04 PST 2011

> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm
> <km-elmet at broadpark.no> wrote:
>> This leaves the first step. At first glance, that seems to be prohibitive.
>> If we have n candidates, there are n! possible ways to rank them,

There are only n! possible ways to rank them if you prohibit partial
rankings.  There are many more than n! when partial rankings are
permitted, as in US elections. I include the formula for calculating
the number of rankings in my "Realities Mar Instant ..." linked below.
 However, perhaps you are simplifying for the purposes of your
simplification, so it doesn't matter?

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org
Town of Colonie, NY 12304
"One of the best ways to keep any conversation civil is to support the
discussion with true facts."

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

Realities Mar Instant Runoff Voting
http://electionmathematics.org/ucvAnalysis/US/RCV-IRV/InstantRunoffVotingFlaws.pdf

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051