[EM] Electoral Experimentation

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Sat Dec 17 10:44:10 PST 2011

On 12/15/2011 1:40 PM, David L Wetzell wrote:
 > ---------- [see below] ----------

David, your evidence in support of delaying electoral experimentation
seems to be that FairVote's intended path is the only path on "the" map.

Keep in mind that maps in areas that have not yet been heavily traveled
are notoriously inaccurate.

Also consider that there are other paths -- including "American forms of
PR" -- that may not show up on your map.

Until there is a clear (unfuzzy) map that is charted using measurements
and experience, we must rely on principles.

I have already indicated one such principle, namely that elected
officials tend to oppose adopting a different election method from the
one through which they were elected.

I, and I assume others, would like to hear about any principles that
support your claim that we must follow the FairVote path.

Richard Fobes