[EM] SODA might be the method we've been looking for.

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:20:42 PST 2011

Thanks, Andy, for the SODA endorsement. I agree with the advantages you
list, but I would add the avoidance of the chicken dilemma (that is, the
lack of either a self-reinforcing truncation incentive or hard-to-defend
"mindreading"results that give a burial incentive) as an important
advantage. Compromising favorite betrayal, truncation, and burial are the
basic forms of strategy; and I don't know of any other system which is so
resistant (and yet also resiliant) to all of these.

Jameson

ps. I realize I'm repeating myself a bit, but as Andy said, an occasional
plug for SODA is worthwhile.